Child Care

All child care centers must also be licensed by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Children and Families.

Child care centers that are new, being renovated, or have a change of ownership must also complete the plan review and application process with the Putnam County Health Department.  The process includes completing and submitting the Child Care Center Plan Review Application (SG-99) and the Application for a Permit to Operate (PCHD-EH-001)

Once your plans are approved you must contact an environmental health specialist and schedule an opening inspection.

Child Care Centers that will also have food service or a swimming pool must fill out separate plan review applications for those items.


  • Food Establishment Page
  • Recreational Water Facility Page

If you have any complaints you would like us to investigate, please fill out this form. You can also email or call us.

Contact Information

Phone: (304) 757-2541 | Fax: (304) 757-7287
Physical Address: 11878 Winfield Road, Winfield, WV 25213
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 892, Winfield, WV 25213